At DreamCourts we are committed to being a sustainable company and using our culture of
Dreaming Big to foster a better outcome for our customers and our world.
Many of our residential and corporate customers now demand transparency of brand when
engaging a supply partner and in order to meet both their and our progressing expectations of
sustainability we now include a Sustainability Commitment in our Brand Strategy and Future
In line with this we have recently published our commitment over the next 5 years to improving
both manufacturing processes and packaging and look forward to updating our customers as
each of our commitments come to play.
There are many steps we have identified and a couple already implemented. In early 2022 we
commenced a partnership with Polymerprocessors to have our surplus cut-offs and retired court
tiles recycled. We have also effected the instigation of a changeover of our void fill packaging for
all Hoop Products
We are dedicated to working to increase the recyclability of our products to include all packaging
by the end of 2023 and to have made further commitments over the course of the 2022 calendar
To this end we have taken these initial steps:
- Engaged with our manufacturing partners to investigate smaller/more compact
packaging and alternate packaging materials. We are committed to increasing the
recyclability and identification of recyclable materials within our packaging by the end of
- Commenced ordering and design changes to see the withdrawal of Expanded
Polystyrene (EPS) in our packaging. Replacing this instead with recyclable paper
- Engaged Australian enterprise PolymerProcessers to take our surplus and retired court
tiles effective March 2022. These tiles will be reduced to resin and remade into garden
pots for Australia wide use.
- Commenced engineering and cost investigations within the company to identify alternate
resources for the construction of our court tiles with a commitment to incorporation by
- In 1st quarter of 2022, commence search for new office and warehousing in both NSW
and VIC where we can move towards 5 Star Energy Efficiency. Including exchange of all
lighting with LED and the installation of solar panels for battery power ‘back to grid’
- By the end of 2024 a commitment to installing electric charging stations at our state
based HQ to encourage staff to purchase and use electric vehicles.
- By the end of 2026 a commitment to have brought back to Australia any products that
are produced overseas and thus reduce our carbon footprint in freight usage.
We do not take our commitment to the sustainability of our environment lightly and are
excited to bring you updates on all of the above and more in the next 12 months.
The DreamCourts Team.